- The course is intended to introduce the students to the basics of grammar, usage and effective communication and also to the basics of English language and literature.
- To make the students competent in their job-seeking, job-getting and job-holding needs. The course shall cater to equipping the students in Comprehensive Language Enhancement.
- To develop communication, reading, writing and pronouncing skills in students.
- To introduce voices from the margins to the students, as an attempt to understand the suppressed histories and discourses
Introduction to the programme
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Communication Studies is a three year six semester undergraduate programme. The course stands as an intermediate between literature and communication studies. The infrastructure provides an excellent environment for students to explore literature and help them to communicate effectively in this present competitive world.
- B A English is one of the popular course that helps to develop confidence in students to use English in both written and spoken forms. The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters.
- Provides a lot of opportunities to study English for formal communication effectively. It enables them to understand English literature in the light of historical events.
- Students can equip themselves in oral and written communication to enhance their academic and professional use of language.
- Helps to critically encounter the subaltern voices, dalitness and indigenous identity.
- Students can speak English with a high degree of confidence, accuracy and fluency. They can take part with confidence in conversation, to initiate, sustain and close aconversation.
- It helps to develop a neutral accent, improve the general standard of pronunciation and conversational skills in English.
- Encourage students to research, investigate how and why things happen, and make their own decisions about complex environmental issues by developing and enhancing critical and creative thinking skills.
The eligibility criteria for applying for Bachelors in English Literature and Communication Studies are:
Candidates must pass Plus Two or equivalent examination or an examination recognised by MG University with at least 50% marks.
Our curriculum includes Common courses, Core courses, Complementary courses, Open courses, Seminar, Project and viva voce. No course shall carry more than four credits. The department offers a double main graduate programme in English Literature and Communication Studies which comprises of 22 core papers, 3 complimentary papers, 2 common papers, 1 open course and 1 elective. Every student has to select one open course in semester 5 offered by various departments of the College. The programme shall extend over a period of three academic years consisting of six semesters.
What you'll study
Bachelor in English Literature and Communication Studies is an undergraduate degree course with duration of 3 years and 6 semesters. The study period of B A English includes various subjects such as:
- Public Relations
- Mass Communication
- Visual Media
- Business Communication
- Conversational Skills
- Translation Skills
B A English is a career oriented course that paves way for establishing deep roots in Literature and Communication field. After completion of the course, the students can get diverse opportunities in various fields. Some of the job profiles that one can bag after completing a B A English programme are:
- Teaching Field
- Content Writer
- Copy Writer
- Screen Play Writer
- Movie Directors
- V J
- R J
- Advertisement Field
- Short film Directors
- IELTS Training
- Resource Person
- Media Analyst