- To train the students to be competent entry level management professionals.
- To impart basic and operational knowledge on all functional areas of management.
- To encourage young BBA’S to turn in to entrepreneurs
- To make young BBA’S a change agent in the society by fostering values which self-proclaim that “Turn to enterprising serve the society and the nation”.
Introduction to the programme
Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3 year (6 semesters) regular programme offered by M.G University to the under graduate students, which aims at providing high quality professional education management to enthusiastic young minds who wish to join as management executives in industry, business or non profit organisations and to seek managerial and entrepreneurial abilities. It offers wide range of opportunities to the students to excel in their areas of interest and acquire the skills required to be the future managers.
- The broad objective of the Programme is to create professional managers, leaders and and Researchers in the field of Business Sectors.
- To get a thorough understanding of the components of Business Sectors and to acquire knowledge and information pertaining to various industries in the manufacturing and service sectors.
- To help students acquire practical skills in all the major arenas of various industries.
- To orient and equip students with Information Technology skills of the age.
- To equip students with managerial skills and help in entrepreneurial development.
- To enhance the employability of students in accordance with the expectations of industries. After the successful completion of the Programme, the students should be competent to work in companies in private sectors, Government agencies,academics,Research, Consultancies and NGO. The Programme encourages the students to become successful entrepreneurs as well.
The eligibility criteria for applying for Bachelors of Business Administration are:
Candidates must have completed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks.
The UG programme in Business Administrations includes Common courses, Core courses, Complementary courses, Open courses, Seminar, Project and viva voce. No course shall carry more than four credits. Every student has to select one open course in semester V offered by various departments of the College.
What you'll study
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is an undergraduate degree course in management studies. The duration of the course is 3 years and the course is divided into 6 semesters. The study period of BBA includes various subjects such as
- Business Accounting
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Business Statistics
- Corporate Law
- Industrial Relations
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Management Project
BBA graduates can be employed for various roles in business management and sales. Some companies also offer roles of a production supervisor, planner and administrator. BBA graduates seek companies that are involved in the business of manufacturing, construction, retail, and finance. They can also apply for various government agencies. Esteemed job profiles that could be attained after the successful completion of BBA are:
- Finance Manager
- Business Administration Researcher
- Human Resource Manager
- Research and Development Manager
- Business Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Marketing Manager
Some of the promised areas where a BBA graduate can look for employment are:
- Multinational Companies
- Marketing Organizations
- Educational Institutes
- Business Consultancies
- Financial Organizations
- Shipping and Freight forwarding companies